Screen Skillnet in association with Screen Skills Ireland are delighted to offer a one week online Virtual Classroom Essentials Programme. This course is being offered free of charge to support the Irish creative screen industries impacted by the ongoing situation with COVID-19.
The Programme endorsed and facilitated by the Institute of Training and Development is designed to help you quickly transition your existing training programmes to virtual delivery. Participants will gain an insight into best practice approaches for the design and delivery of interactive and engaging live classroom sessions, and gain first-hand experience of the virtual classroom environment.
This fully online, practical course is delivered over a one-week period using a blend of online resources, virtual classroom and social learning. Participants will be actively working on designing their own Virtual Classroom during the programme.
All successful programme participants will be awarded Certification from the IITD.
Session 1: Wednesday April 8th 2020, 10.00 – 12.00
Session 2: Wednesday 15th April 2020, 10.00 – 12.00
- Fundamentals of instructional design for Virtual Classrooms
- Creating your Virtual Classroom storyboard
- Virtual Classroom interactive tools
- Preparing for your Virtual Classroom
- Facilitating a Virtual Classroom
- Virtual Classroom software and technology
- 2 x Live Virtual Classrooms (duration of each Virtual Classroom is 2 hours)
- Independent learning activity pre-Virtual Classroom & post-Virtual Classroom
- Moderation of suite of activity throughout the week
- Access to a Virtual Classroom design toolkit
- Please note this programme is fully online
- The Virtual Classroom Essentials Programme is an Endorsed and Awarded Programme of the Irish Institute of Training & Development.
- All successful programme participants will be awarded Certification from the IITD.
This online course is aimed at tutors and individuals working in the screen sectors who are interested in delivering their content online.
Please apply online by 12pm on Thursday 2 April 2020 attaching a current CV with your application.
*Please note due to the high demand for places on this programme, we are unable to answer all of your queries at this time, we will do our best to respond over the coming days. This course is also available on other dates in April and May with a fee attached through the Institute of Training and Development. https://www.iitd.ie
- 8th April 2020 - 15th April 2020
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm