Course Title: AVID Media Composer Fundamentals
Tutor: Daniel Hegarty
Date: September 12th & 13th
Time: 9.30am – 6pm each day
Duration: 2 Days
Venue: Griffith College, Dublin
Cost: 190 euro
Presented in partnership with Screen Skills Ireland and Griffith College, this AVID MEDIA COMPOSER FUNDAMENTALS course will equip participants with the basic skills required to navigate the software with confidence, creativity and efficiency.
Over two days the course will cover the following:
- A brief introduction to the principles / evolution of film editing
- Stages in the Post-Production Workflow
- The Editing System: Hardware & Software
- Exploring the Interface and Preparing to Edit
- Assembling a Basic Sequence
- Workflow Is The New Workflow: Ingesting File-Based Media
- Manual Timeline Editing
- Refining the Edit
- Refining and Mixing Audio
- Customizing Media Composer
- Adding Titles
- Effects Basics: Working with Effects in Media Composer
- Exporting A Finished Edit
- Final Review & Recap
This course is aimed at Editors, Assistant Editors, Producers, Aps or anyone working in the industry who wishes to get an understanding of the fundamentals of Avid Media Composer. Although the course covers the basics of Avid, a knowledge of production and post production processes is essential. A cohort of 12 will be selected for this training.
Daniel Hegarty is an experienced, producer, editor and post-production supervisor who’s technical and editorial experience spans more than 10 years of commercials, short docs, TV single docs, TV series and feature length documentaries working with a range of directors and production companies in Ireland and internationally. Head of Production at Marmalade Films, the factual production company he established in 2008 with Director/Producer Tanya Doyle, Daniel has worked both as an editor and series producer of creative factual series.
An experienced editing lecturer and AVID tutor, Daniel lectures at undergraduate and postgraduate level in “Applications Technology”, “Digital Editing for Film & Television” and “Editing for Digital Content Production” in the Faculty of Journalism & Media Communications of Griffith College, Ireland’s largest independent third level institution.
- 12th September 2019 - 13th September 2019
9:00 am - 6:00 pm