Tutors: Fiona Flynn
Date: Tuesday, October 20th, 2020
Duration: 2 hours (12.00-14.00)
Lunch & Learn: A series of 2hr self-development workshops helping you to manage your well-being and control your response to workplace stress during the Covid-19 Crisis.
This course, presented in partnership with Screen Skillnet is supported by Skillnet Ireland’s ReBound fund.
The world of work is changing. It is becoming more virtual, diverse and dispersed, with an ever-greater need for leadership capability. We have entered a period of uncertainty and upheaval, which has an impact on our personal, family and working lives. How we adapt to the new way of working will determine our success and our well being.
The World Economic Forum predicts that 42% of current core skills will be outdated by 2022, and that, Emotional Intelligence, leadership and social influence will be key to success. How can you use this time and treat it as an opportunity to build your communication and influencing skills. This will support you to influence others and enable more productivity and creativity in your teams.
Topics covered in the session include:
- Learn to listen carefully
- Learn to respond thoughtfully
- Understand different personality preference types and how to communicate effectively with each preference
- Understand the power of questions to support project delivery and performance of team members
- Raise your self awareness to reflect on key outcomes that you want to achieve
- Understand different communication styles and be more aware of how to flex your style
- Understand the importance of preparation,presence and language to influence others
- Be aware of the communication requirements during Covid-19 to achieve increased performance and engagement of team members.
- Neuroscience – understand what behaviours and mindsets are important to flourish
This course is aimed at individuals within the screen/creative industry who wish to be more effective with their communication skills and improve productivity and engagement in their teams. Covid 19 has had a major impact on our communication – we need to adapt to the virtual world. Having a deeper understanding of the different communications skills and having more clarity in our communications is a key skill. You will identify strategies to deal with the current adversity and develop skills that will enable you to be more effective and in your communication. This will enable you to influence others and have a deeper understanding of the importance of human connectedness in delivering on key projects. This course is suitable for individuals who are passionate and take responsibility for their self- development and nurturing talent in others.
This course is suitable for Management, Skills Supervisors, Skills Development Officers and anyone managing or mentoring people in the industry.
Screen Skills Ireland and Screen Skillnet courses are open to all regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
Please apply through the link below by 12pm on Thursday October 15th 2020.
Please note places on this course are limited to 20 participants and applicants are assessed on their CVs so please make sure you upload an up to date CV.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issue with applying on the website please contact email@example.com.
- 20.10.20 / Effective Communication During The Covid Crisis
20th October 2020
11:30 am - 1:30 pm