Smartphone Video Production for Beginners (Online)
Speakers: Caroline Scott
Wednesday May 26th 10am – 10.45am (Onboarding Session)
Course Content available for self-led access May 26th – June 2nd (20 modules, over 1.5hrs content)
Wednesday June 2nd 10am – 11.30am (Closing Session)
Screen Skillnet are delighted to offer Smartphone Video Production for Beginners: Shoot, edit and tell your story.
Create stunning video content using your mobile phone with this fun and practical course designed for creatives.
Led by international video trainer and mobile journalist Caroline Scott, you’ll learn how to make the most from your smartphone, producing high-quality videos on advanced multi-track editing apps used by TV producers, journalists and marketers today.
With 20 modules you can undertake at your own pace, you’ll get hands on with shooting and editing, producing your own content based on fundamental storytelling techniques proven to engage audiences. By the end of the training, you’ll feel confident in using your smartphone in a range of scenarios, ready to bring your ideas and stories to life.
The course includes two live sessions:
-And onboarding session with Caroline on Wednesday May 26th 10am
-A closing session with Caroline on Wednesday June 2nd at 10am.
- The benefits of smartphone video production for today’s digital world
- How to use the manual controls in your smartphone’s camera for the perfect shot
- Why video resolution matters, and how you can control it
- Best practice for shooting with a smartphone: filming interviews, pieces to camera and B-Roll
- How to develop interview questions to achieve the perfect soundbite
- How to use the rules of video composition to portray your message
- How to frame your shots to create engaging shot sequences
- Methods of achieving crisp audio with a smartphone
- How multi-track editing timelines work and what they can help you visually achieve
- The ins and outs of ‘PowerDirector’ and ‘iMovie’ – two of the best editing apps to launch you into the world of video editing
- How to create eye-catching videos for social media with the app ‘Quik’
- Methods to progress and move forward with your new-found skills!
- This course, suitable for both Android and iOS (Apple) users, is loaded with practical exercises that’ll get you away from the computer and out there DOING IT. You’ll be set a challenge by Caroline that you’ll work on throughout the week, so by the end of learning you’ll come away with a video showcasing your new-found skills.
Join Caroline for an in-person live Q&A at the end of the week, where you can ask your burning questions, get feedback on your work and find out more information about this exciting field of video production.
This course is perfect for those interested in using their smartphone to tell stories. If you are interested in exploring the capabilities of the ready-made studio in your pocket then this course is for you.
Deadline to apply is Thursday May 20th at 12pm
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
- 4th January 2021 - 14th January 2021
10:00 am - 5:00 pm