Mediation & Conflict Resolution in the Workplace.
Date: Tuesday July 20th and Tuesday July 27th
Tutor(s): Mary Rafferty
Duration: 2 x half days. 9.30am – 1pm each day (with 3hrs of prework in the form of reading and videos to be completed in advance of the July 20th workshop)
Screen Skills Ireland and Screen Skillnet are delighted to present Mediation and Conflict Resolution in the Workplace with Mary Rafferty.
This course will offer an introduction to the process and skills of mediation and how they can be applied to deal with low-level conflict issues and situations that may arise in teams in the workplace.
This course will:
- Give you a clear understanding of the key principles of mediation and its benefits and applications for the workplace.
- Teach you when, where and why mediation skills are useful as well as key considerations around mediating as a manager.
- Help you understand the basic structure of a mediation process and have an understanding of how to apply this appropriately to a conflict in the workplace.
- Use simulated role play practice of basic mediation skills to give you a deeper understanding of the mediation process.
- Overview of mediation as a facilitative and collaborative problem-solving tool focusing on interests not positions
- Overview of the role of the mediator and ground rules for the mediation process
- Key mediation skills:
Empathic and Reflective Listening
- Mediation process – key stages and tasks at each stage
- Benefits and limitations of mediation as an intervention and evaluating appropriateness of managerial mediation
- Simulated role play practice session
Trainer Profile: Mary Rafferty, BEd MSoc Sc MMII
Mary is an accredited Mediator and Certified Conflict Coach, in private practice since 2006 and has worked as a consultant in conflict-related areas in a wide range of organizations and workplaces in the public and private sector.
Mary is Lead Trainer on an MII Approved Accredited Mediation Programme to Certified Level and guest lectures on two post graduate/masters programmes in mediation and conflict resolution.
Mary is an Advanced Mediator with the Mediators Institute Ireland (M.I.I.). Mary has been the Lead Trainer on an MII Approved Accredited Mediation Programme to Certified Level since 2009 and guest lectures on other post graduate/masters programmes, among them the Law Society Diploma in Mediation. She has also delivered training to staff in a number of government and semi-state organisations e.g. the Legal Services Regulatory Authority, the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman’s Offices, Irish Water, Senior Management in Portiuncula Hospital to Certified Level Mediation standard.
Mary is also a member of the MII Approved Assessor Panel and is a qualified Mediation Supervisor. Mary specialises in coaching and mentoring for leaders and managers around difficult conversations in the workplace. She has designed a structured 8-step approach ‘POISE NOW’ to teach and coach leaders and managers to navigate ‘difficult conversations’ with greater clarity and confidence. Her eBook ‘POISE NOW – Winning Conversations for Leaders and Managers’ can be downloaded (free) here
Mary is certified in the internationally renowned and innovative CINERGYTM Conflict Management Coaching Model. She is also a member of the international team of Approved CINERGYTM trainers and has delivered the signature 4-day Conflict Management Coaching Programme both in Ireland and abroad.
Mary is a former Director of the Mediators’ Institute of Ireland and former Chairperson of the MII Accreditation Policy Committee. Mary holds an Honours Degree in Education, a Master’s Degree with Distinction in Social Science and has attended a wide variety of specialised trainings in the field of conflict resolution.
This course is aimed at Producers, PMs and HODs who want to develop skills in managing disagreements within the workplace.
The course is limited to 12 participants.
Please apply by 12pm on Tuesday July 13th via https://www.screenskillsireland.ie/.
For further information, please email email@example.com
For technical difficulties with the online system please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this course are limited and we expect a high volume of applications. Applications without a CV will not be considered for selection.
Screen Skills Ireland and Screen Skillnet courses are open to all regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
- 4th January 2021 - 14th January 2021
10:00 am - 5:00 pm