Dates: 15th, 22nd & 29th March, 2022
Tutor(s): Clodagh McCarthy
Duration: 3 x 2.5hr sessions (7pm – 9.30pm over 3 consecutive Tuesdays)
Presented in partnership with Screen Ireland this course dissects the role of the post production coordinator with a view to preparing participants to undertake the role of Post Production Assistant or Coordinator on a Film or TV project.
It will provide participants with a basic understanding of post production, the role of the post coordinator; the knowledge and skills required, along with practical resources such as typical documents the post coordinator will be responsible for or required to work with. It will also give an overview of the role of Post Supervisor, and how the post coordinator will interact with the post budget and schedule in their role.
The course will be delivered via virtual classroom setting. Modules covered include:
- Introduction to Post Production
- What is Post?
- Overview of Post Processes
- Post Production Facilities
- Post Production Management
- Post Production Roles and Responsibilities
- Introduction to Post Production Coordination
- A day in the life of a Post Coordinator
- Project Management Overview
- Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Production / Post Production Paperwork
- What is Workflow?
- Post Budgeting, Scheduling and Case Studies
- What does the Post Production Supervisor do?
- What is a Post Budget?
- Building a Schedule from an approved Budget
- Overview of Documents, Templates and Resources
- Case Studies: TBC
This course is aimed at junior crew members with an interest in post production coordination and supervision for Film and TV Drama.
The course is limited to 10 participants.
Please apply online by completing this application form by 12pm on Wednesday 16th February 2022.
Screen Ireland / Screen Skillnet courses are open to all regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
- 15th March 2022 - 15th March 2023
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm